This article answers some of the common questions that people ask our technical team. It is worth checking some of the answers here before contacting technical support.
I can’t hear any sound!
- Check that your speakers or headphones are properly plugged in, and that the volume on your computer is turned up.
- Make sure that your speakers aren’t muted - check the speaker icon on your computer’s desktop and make sure the volume is up and the speakers are active.
- Does your computer have sound? Some older computers may not have on-board sound. In this case you’ll need to buy and install a sound card in order to hear any sound from your computer.
- ‘Content blocked’ error messages. If you are using Yumu on a school network, the school’s network settings may be blocking access to resources that this website uses. This detailed guide on unblocking on charanga.com should help your school’s IT people unblock the site and get things working.
Materials aren’t loading properly!
- Check your internet connection. If you have an unreliable connection the resources might not be able to load completely and important parts can be lost.
If so, try reloading the page.
If that doesn’t work, you might need to look into your internet connection. If you’re using a wireless connection (e.g. on a laptop) try plugging it directly into your router.
If all other websites are loading fine but you’re still having trouble loading materials on Yumu please contact us
I can’t remember my password!
Please ask your teacher to provide you with a reminder of your login details.